Client Side: "Rich Internet Applications" in Python?

pleaseSeeFooter@bottomOfEmail.com eric at zomething.com
Sat Jul 17 19:20:32 EDT 2004

Pythonagons,

I am considering using (building) a client-side application, rather than a browser, for an Internet application.  I am aware there are a few resources out there like XUL and various Java clients or classes to build one with.

Has anyone developed a frame work for this sort of thing in Python?  I am looking at the Windows platform initially, but of course would like to have portability.  I have not built something like this before (in any language), so I have only a vague idea of how to structure it, but I think I could be most productive working in Python.

My initial requirements may not be too demanding, but it seems like it would be a nice set of modules to have in one's toolbox.

Any suggestions?

Eric Pederson
http://www.songzilla.blogspot.com
domainNot="@something.com"
domainIs=domainNot.replace("s","z")
ePrefix=""
for letter in [chr(ord(x)+1) for x in "do"]:
	ePrefix+=letter
mailMeAt=ePrefix+domainIs