gmail.py (WAS: Re: [ANN] libgmail 0.0.1 -- Gmail access via Python)

Adrian Holovaty holovaty at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 15:08:12 EDT 2004

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:59:28 -0700, Follower wrote:

> Announcing initial version of a library to provide access to Gmail via
> Python.

Ah! Wish I'd announced this earlier, before it'd been reinvented. :)

Here's my stab at a Python Gmail interface, which appears to do what
libgmail does (but without dependencies on any non-standard-lib modules)
and also imports and exports Gmail contacts:

http://holovaty.com/blog/archive/2004/06/18/1751
http://holovaty.com/code/gmail.py

Feature requests welcome. I was thinking about setting up a SourceForge
project, too...But we should work together.

Adrian