IronPython-0.6 is now available!

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Thu Jul 29 03:05:17 EDT 2004

>>>>> "xtian" == xtian  <xtian at toysinabag.com> writes:

    xtian> I'd love to see Python as a fully-integrated .Net language
    xtian> - worries about Microsoft evilness notwithstanding.

<aol>Me too</aol>.

Microsoft appears to be doing a good job undermining Java. It's hard
to imagine Sun starting to sponsor a Python-for-Java-platform
project. Microsoft is still the underdog in the VM platform business,
so expanding the reach of the platform makes perfect sense.

I totally symphasize with those who worry about the possibly
encumbered status of Mono, but I won't mind if/when .NET manages to
bring Sun and Java down a notch, what with their arrogance and
one-language-fits-all approach.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb