Python on Zaurus (was Re: Python with PalmOS: anything newer than the 1.5.2 PipPy?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jul 8 22:21:24 EDT 2004

Michael Ressler wrote:

> I abandoned my Palm for the Zaurus specifically so I could run a real
> Python on my PDA. Pippy just didn't cut it.

Michael, or anyone else who's lucky enough to have one of these babies,
have you by any chance tried running PySerial?  I think the Linux
version rides purely on top of standard Linux serial port stuff,
but I don't know enough about the Zaurus yet to know if it looks
like "standard Linux" in this area.  (It _does_ have a serial port
somewhere in there, doesn't it?)

-Peter