Python with PalmOS: anything newer than the 1.5.2 PipPy?

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Jul 8 19:14:49 EDT 2004

On Qui 08 Jul 2004 19:54, Michael Ressler wrote:

> I do this all the time on my Sharp Zaurus SL-5500. Python 2.3 and
> numarray-1.0 - all compiled on the Zaurus itself (no, I won't tell you
> how long that takes!). A little horsepower for long, cramped flights.
>
> I abandoned my Palm for the Zaurus specifically so I could run a real
> Python on my PDA. Pippy just didn't cut it.

This is exactly what I was saying about the PalmOS X Linux PDAs... But
unfortunately, here --- and I guess it is something global --- PalmOS
powered PDAs are the easiest to be found...

>From what I've seen and what I've found on my researches through the web,
there's nothing suitable for PalmOS in the Python realm... I think if I
want something I have to go the C or Java way... unfortunately. On the
other hand, there's a Lua port for it... who knows?

--
Godoy.      <godoy at ieee.org>