Typed Python?

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Tue Jul 6 15:47:55 EDT 2004

    >> (No, I'm not implying that Lisp is not being used for real [as
    >> in non-academic] work. It is, Scheme isn't).

    Jorge> I guess it all depends on what is "real" for you. For me,
    Jorge> academia is as real as the business and commercial
    Jorge> world. It is more tolerant, sometimes,

"Real" work is admittedly a bit careless choice of words. Non-academic
work is often more concerned with delivering stuff, while academic
work is more exploratory in nature (and often without the obligation
to deliver anything but research papers). Scheme/Lisp like languages
are undoubtedly better for exploratory work, because of the "plastic"
nature of the languages themselves (macros help here).

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb