Time delay loop - better way?

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 09:40:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 12:10:56 +0200, David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> wrote:
> Great, does shtoom have a wx version now? Was wanting that, I'll check
> it out.

In the svn repository, yes.

> IIRC, there are more high-precision timers available on win32 than the
> ones used by wxTimer, and if you really wanted you could write a wrapper
> for them. I created a wx wrapper for waitable timers on win32 a few
> years ago; one could combine this with some other stuff to make them
> more high precision ; see
> http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-P/system/timers/article.php/c5759/

Ta for the pointer. For now, the timer provided by the twisted event
loop on windows is quite good enough, and I get it for free with the
event loop, so I'll probably stick with that. I seem to recall that
there were only a limited number of these high-precision timers on
Windows - in addition, I need to have multiple timer event loops
running in a given process, so many/most pure timer operations aren't
at all suitable :-/