installing my own module: module not recognized

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 20 09:33:53 EDT 2004

Darren Dale wrote:

> I followed the online docs on how to create and install a module. python
> setup.py install seems to work fine, I did python setup.py register as
> well (not sure what this is for).
>
> setup created a folder for me called Spec in python23/Lib/site-packages,
> and included my files: analysis.py/c and SpecDB.py/c. Running the
> interpretter, from Spec.analysis import * complains that there is no
> module named Spec.analysis. from Spec import * gives the same complaint.
>
> If you recognize my oversight, would you let me know what it is?
>
> Thanks,
> Darren
forgot to include my setup.py script:

from distutils.core import setup

setup(name="Spec",
       version="0.0.1",
       author='Darren Dale',
       author_email='dd55 at cornell.edu',
       description='Read Spec data to callable DB, recall for analysis',
       #py_modules=['analysis','SpecDB'],
       packages=['Spec'],
       classifiers = [
        'Development Status :: Experimental',
        'Environment :: Console',
        'Intended Audience :: End Users/Desktop',
        'Intended Audience :: Developers',
        'Operating System :: Microsoft :: Windows',
        'Programming Language :: Python',
       ],)