installing my own module: module not recognized

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 20 09:31:29 EDT 2004

I followed the online docs on how to create and install a module. python
setup.py install seems to work fine, I did python setup.py register as
well (not sure what this is for).

setup created a folder for me called Spec in python23/Lib/site-packages,
and included my files: analysis.py/c and SpecDB.py/c. Running the
interpretter, from Spec.analysis import * complains that there is no
module named Spec.analysis. from Spec import * gives the same complaint.

If you recognize my oversight, would you let me know what it is?

Thanks,
Darren