CGI database application

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Fri Jul 23 05:19:13 EDT 2004

A project I'm involved with needs to keep a database of information -
for an information desk. This would be a list of outside agencies,
with contact details etc, and cross referenced by 'subject'.
It would also be kept as a paper database.

The database would need to be accessed through the network - so a CGI
application running on the server is an obvious choice - but the load
won't be heavy.

Now I can write a simple database application that will could run on
the server (I'm most of the way through writing one for work) - and
that would enable the information to be stored as simple text files -
so the person compiling the database could start it now.

I wondered if anyone had any experiences of frameworks that would be
better than just me starting from scratch ?

(I've done all the code for a user login system anyway).

Regards,

Fuzzy