Style question

Albert Hofkamp hat at se-126.se.wtb.tue.nl
Thu Jul 8 04:06:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:16:04 -0400, Leif K-Brooks <eurleif at ecritters.biz> wrote:
> The style guide says that a wrapped line should be aligned with where
> the wrapped part started. But what is the most readable thing to do when
> that's impossible? For instance (ignore the wrap caused by my news
> reader), where should the second variable name be wrapped to in this line?
>
> really_really_long_variable_name =
> another_even_longer_variable_name_with_cookies

To me, a style guide is a _GUIDE_, not a _LAW_.
So for cases that are not covered, do something sensible in the spirit
of the guide.

(what also may help is ask yourself the question whether you really want
 to do something that doesn't fit the style guide. In many cases,
 doing something outside 'normal' is an indication that there are
 alternative (better?) solutions.)

Albert
--
Unlike popular belief, the .doc format is not an open publically available format.