How big is python24.dll?

Hye-Shik Chang hyeshik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:49:35 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:49:26 GMT, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:
> CJKCodecs must add a fair bit, I'd have thought.

I'm +0 for splitting CJKCodecs out from python24.dll if you are
insisting on that.  CJKCodecs will get bigger because of importing
of CNS-11643 and BIG5HKSCS soon (about +400KB).  Then:

  libpython24.dll w CJKCodecs inside:   1700 KB
  libpython24.dll w/o CJKCodecs inside: 1144 KB

After CJKCodecs 1.1's importing, over half of python24.dll will be
filled with CJKCodecs.  I undertand that this can make Western users
uncomfortable.  And, CJKCodecs 1.1 will be consisted of only 5
modules (not 25+ modules as currently in python CVS).

Hye-Shik