distutil and debugging

Jesper Olsen jolsen at mail2world.com
Sun Jul 4 00:21:32 EDT 2004

Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.384.1088873373.27577.python-list at python.org>...
> Jesper Olsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a C-extention build with distutils that I would like to debug.
> >
> > How can I specify to distuils to pass option "-g" and not "-O2" along to
> > the compiler (gcc)?
>
> python setup.py build --debug
>
> -- Gerhard

No - that does not change the options. I think it only links against a version
of the python lib, which has been compiled for debugging.

However, I want to debug my own extention - not the python interpretor.

I'm not the first to have this problem:

http://tinyurl.com/35ddd

but that solution only works for the windows environment.
I'm on OpenBSD, and would prefer to stay there also while debugging...

Thanks
Jesper