py2exe -> error in PYTHON23.DLL

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jul 2 14:54:22 EDT 2004

Using py2exe under WinMe, I bundled up a python program
containing a single line:

print "hello world"

When I zip up the dist directory and move it to another WinMe
machine, trying to run hello.exe either reboots or pops up a
dialog box that says

  Hello has caused an error in PYTHON23.DLL
  Hello will now close

  If you continue to experience problems,
  try restarting your computer.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

It runs find on the machine where I did the bundling and on
another XP machine.

The machine where I bundled up things is using py2exe 0.5.1a1
and running

  ActivePython 2.3.2 Build 232 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
  Python 2.3.2 (#49, Nov 13 2003, 10:34:54) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  These PRESERVES
                                  at               should be FORCE-FED to