Blt/Pmw/Tkinter under cygwin @)x_C2fgA~Wi&@/V"f6vs*B.1`(};T=]?M6O;HvGS

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Thu Jul 29 07:34:12 EDT 2004

I'm writing a GUI application in python, which will need to work on a
Windows XP box.  Mostly it does, but the feature where results are
graphed in real time, which works fine on a debian LINUX box, refuses
to run on windows.

I'm currently running on cygwin, and changing to a standalone python
app would be a pain, but possible.

The BltGraph demo which comes with Pmw also refuses to run.  The code
in that case is:

     if not Pmw.Blt.haveblt(parent):
            message = 'Sorry\nThe BLT package has not been\n' + \
                    'installed on this system.\n' + \
                    'Please install it and try again.'
            w = Tkinter.Label(parent, text = message)
            w.pack(padx = 8, pady = 8)
            return

I have done something that I thought was installing Blt, but it
doesn't seem to have given this code what it wanted.  As far as I can
tell from a simple-minded find/locate, the same Blt-related python
files are installed on the Debian box as on the Windows box.

So what do I do now?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011