How big is python24.dll?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 13 18:34:40 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Why is anyone concerned about the number of modules, whether 5
> or 25 (for CJKCodecs) or any other number (for the various .pyd
> files etc)?  Once you've got more than a small handful, like
> two or maybe three tops, nobody is supposed to do any manual
> installation by copying individual files around.  Using distutils
> or a Windows installer you basically needn't even _know_ there
> are all those files, almost even if you are the programmer!

Because it makes maintenance more difficult: separate visual
studio project files have to be created for them, and changes
to one of them have to be manually propagated to all others,
in both debug and release builds.

At least that is my rationale for why I like the things the
way they are. People who like to see a change need to
contribute project files, at a minimum.

Regards,
Martin