math module broken?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jul 23 03:55:56 EDT 2004

On 2004-07-23, Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote:
> Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:
>
>> The python trigonometric functions use radians. The Microsoft
>> calculator (and the textbook) use degrees.
>
> I should note that there doesn't appear to be anything in the
> documentation saying this. The closest thing is the statement "The math
> module consists mostly of thin wrappers around the platform C math
> library functions."

And the man page for the C math libary function says:

   DESCRIPTION
       The sin() function returns the sine of x, where x is
       given in radians.

What?  Microsoft doesn't provide man pages for the C library
functions?!?!

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I hope the
                                  at               "Eurythmics" practice birth