easiest transition for a PHP website to move to Python?

Diez B. Roggisch deets_noospaam at web.de
Fri Jan 30 11:13:25 EST 2004

> Most important, what can you use ?
> If you are independ, this means have your own dedicated or virtual
> server, then i would suggest webware which is the most sophisticated
> real python (Zope is not python) solution. Twisted is more a server

Where exactly is zope not "real" python? Just because it features two
templating-methods that are for good reasons _not_ python embedded into
html, its still a python webapp server.

I never used webware, so I can't compare both, but from what I see it
appears to me like tomcat (or maybe jboss) the python way. No problem with
that. But object-relational-mappers are a PITA if you _must_ use them. ZODB
oth is much more of a object-orientied (not relational, though) database.
And thats what I love about it - simply create objects, and save them,
without the need for prior mapping to anything.

For purely content-driven websites, I haven't seen much better solutions
than ZOPE together with some modern CMS, like PLONE or ZMS.

Regards,

Diez