Simulation library in Python

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri Jan 2 18:12:16 EST 2004

Samir Patel <mepython at yahoo.com> writes:
[...]
> If one wants to create a new simulation program, what
> are different packages to use:
[...]
> simulation model creation (preferable data flow) -
> dia, Pyut, OGL

sketch, maybe.

[...]
> graph -
> http://navi.picogui.org/svn/misc/trunk/rtgraph/
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

*Lots* more.  More than you can shake a stick at...  But, when I was
using them, I never found any free graph plotting libraries that did
everything I wanted (Python or no Python).  It's a hard thing to do
well.

> animation - Blender?, VTK, VPython

Pygame.

[...]
> GIS - ?

I think Bernhard Herzog has released some free GIS code in Python
recently.  And IIRC, Fredrik Lundh sells GIS code of some kind.

> Storage - ZODB

xsdb (very new, though).  Plus of course, all the usual relational
suspects, and Gadfly, Sleepycat BSDDB (in standard library), etc.

> Import/Export - ?

- of what?

John