Simulation library in Python

Samir Patel mepython at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 16:34:06 EST 2004

For last couple of weeks, I was doing lot of research
on various simulation libraries. Only one I find in
python is http://simpy.sourceforge.net. It is very
powerful, but it seems that it does not have any
active development. I am sure there are more than
that. Where are they?

If one wants to create a new simulation program, what
are different packages to use:
simulation event list - priority queue?
simulation model creation (preferable data flow) -
dia, Pyut, OGL
reports - http://reportlab.com
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/
graph -
http://navi.picogui.org/svn/misc/trunk/rtgraph/
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
animation - Blender?, VTK, VPython
cad - http://pythoncad.sf.net
GIS - ?
Storage - ZODB
Import/Export - ?

I am interested in creating a professional level
simulation model in Python, so any help regarding this
will be very much appriciated.