ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 16:46:36 EST 2004

"G.I.L" <not at all.com> wrote in message news:40051cb3$1 at news.012.net.il...
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> > "G.I.L" <not at all.com> wrote in message
> > news:40047290$1 at news.012.net.il...
> >>
> >> Brandon, why the fuck on Earth couldn't you spend that exact amount
> >> of time doing what you did BEFORE posting and arguing with the
> >> entire newsgroup?
> >
> > Hey GIL, you're here wasting time of your own free will.  Don't look
> > to me to be the purveyor of your quality discourse.  To me this is
> > just hours between implementing stuff.
>
> Partially implementing stuff.
>
> > Although actually, there's another agenda.  I know *someone* out
> > there is going through the same shit I have / I am.  The posts are
> > for their benefit, to give them warnings / inklings.
>
> Are you applying to be a martyr, St. Brandon?

I'm very much alive, thank you.

> >> It
> >> was an unbelievable waste of time, since you've managed to convice
> >> (maybe still wrongfully) all the people that you are completely
> >> clueless.
> >
> > Why, because I turned around a project in 3 weeks while having the
> > flu half the time?
>
> No, because you dumped the project because it was boring.

You're a fool then.  What's your school of advice, keep working on things no
matter how much of a boring waste of time they become?

> This may kill any credit you may have had with people.

Getting "credit" was a goal?  News to me.

> > You try to do something big, you put your money on the line to do it,
> > you fail or don't entirely succeed, you give postmortem, you lay all
> > your cards out for others to examine... *then* I will worry about
> > your opinion.
>
> You state that you will follow only those who fail after putting their own
> money on projects?

Read it again, and put up or shut up.  If you don't have the balls to allow
postmortems of your *own* projects, don't expect me to care about your flak.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

When no one else sells courage, supply and demand take hold.