Distributing Python programs

Graham gsmith at oxfam.org.uk
Wed Jan 28 09:53:33 EST 2004

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message

> Yes, we run dozens of machines from a single network installation.
> Depending on what extensions you need to install (e.g. win32all) you may
> need to make some small manual adjustments to get it to work, but
> in essence you can just do a "non-admin" local install, then copy the
> entire directory tree to the network.

Peter
Thanks for this info.  Will this work with Python for Windows?  I tried what
you suggested a few days ago but found when I ran a python script it asked
me for a python.dll which I have found not in the directory tree but in my
local system32 directory (I have a local Python installation).

What is significant about the "non-admin" install and how do you do this?

regards

Graham Smith

PeopleSoft Technical Team Leader
OXFAM GB