Simple Database Package

Pieter Claerhout Pieter.Claerhout at Creo.com
Wed Jan 28 09:26:49 EST 2004

Take a look at:
MetaKit: http://www.equi4.com/metakit/
SQLite: http://www.sqlite.org/

Cheers,

pieter

Creo
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
pieter.claerhout at creo.com | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)

-----Original Message-----
From: michael at foord.net [mailto:michael at foord.net]
Sent: 28 January 2004 15:23
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Simple Database Package

I'm looking to build a simple database application for use on the
desktop (customer contact and feedback database).

Anyone able to reccomend a simple module / package I can use...  ?
I've never done any database work before and am ken to learn - but
most of the ones I've seen seem to rely on a database engine buit into
a server.. I need a simple stand alone engine. Of course I could just
build the functions I need - but that would be a bit of a waste and
not so extendable........

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fuzzy

fuzzy man AT atlantibots DOT org DOT uk

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk The Place where headspace meets
cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology,

---

The home of Python dateutils - dateutils, ConfigObj, StandOut,
CGI-News etc