Simple Database Package

Jamey Cribbs jcribbs at twmi.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 23:21:00 EST 2004

Fuzzyman wrote:
> Anyone able to reccomend a simple module / package I can use...  ?
> I've never done any database work before and am ken to learn - but
> most of the ones I've seen seem to rely on a database engine buit into
> a server.. I need a simple stand alone engine. Of course I could just
> build the functions I need - but that would be a bit of a waste and
> not so extendable........

Have a look at KirbyBase (http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase.html).  It's
written in Python, can be either embedded in your application or used in
a multi-user/client server mode, and stores its data as plain-text files
that can be opened by any text editor.  I'm probably a little biased
because I wrote it, but, if your needs are simple, it might prove useful.

Jamey