wxwindows question

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu Jan 15 08:17:45 EST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 21:55 Nuff Said wrote in
<pan.2004.01.13.23.55.15.95014 at phreaker.net>:

> wxpython is fine (actually: *very fine* :-) for Windows
> applications, but I would not use it for cross-platform
> development, because it is not stable enough on Linux.
>
> (Even some of the widgets in the wxpython demo crash on Linux;
> and if you use wxpython with Unicode support, the situation gets
> even worse. This might change in the near future, but right now,
> wxpython is not stable enough on Linux IMHO.)

Which ones? And in which version of wxPython + wxGTK + Python?

I develop on Linux and run software on Linux and Windows. I don't have
crashes on any of those systems.

Those applications are used a lot to get reports from production of
hundreds of employees in one company (input data, request reports and
graphics, etc.) --- this one runs Windows --- and to track trucks
with cutted trees in another company (also input of data, position of
trucks, driver's name, vehicle license, government authorizations,
etc.) --- this one runs Linux.

Each case is a case. Works for me.

Be seeing you,
--