Fw: PDF library for reading PDF files

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Sun Jan 18 16:34:41 EST 2004

In article <Xns9474CBDE9B2D7cpl19ghumspamgourmet at 62.153.159.134>,
Harald Massa  <cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
>> I am looking for a library in Python that would read PDF files and I
>> could extract information from the PDF with it. I have searched with
>> google, but only found libraries that can be used to write PDF files.
>
>reportlab has a lib called pagecatcher; it is fully supported with python,
>it is not free.
>
>Harald

ReportLab's libraries are great things--but they do not "extract
information from the PDF" in the sense I believe the original
questioner intended.  As Andreas suggested, he's probably best
off using existing stand-alone applications as separate processes,
controlled from Python.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net