Running python automatically in the background

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Tue Jan 27 20:13:56 EST 2004

On 27 Jan 2004 17:29:53 -0800, Alfred wrote:
> i'm trying to figure out if there is some easy way to run a python
> script in the background _without_ specifying "&" in a linux
> enivornment.
>
> script.py &

That's how you tell any POSIX-compatible shell (like bash) to execute a
command as a background job.  Why is that not acceptable?

> been looking around but couldn't find any docs to support a
> possibility.

Perhaps if you explain what it is you're trying to achieve, we can offer
a better solution.

--
 \     "We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. |
  `\      But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back |