ServingSocket question regarding the SystemExit exception

Jens Thiede jensthiede at webgear.co.za
Wed Jan 21 13:16:46 EST 2004

How do I get SystemExit to be of use, but not noticed in a
StreamRequestHandler spawned by a ThreadingTCPServer?

I tried various ways of getting rid of a StreamRequestHandler thread
namely thread.exit() sys.exit() (which is basicly just raises
SystemExit) and all these were caught (for that reason). So I tried
os._exit(0) and even os.kill(pid, 15) and os.kill(pid, 9) but,
ofcourse they get rid of my program all together.

Help would be valued,

Jens Thiede