Iterating over a binary file

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 6 18:50:02 EST 2004

On 06 Jan 2004 23:52:30 +0200, Ville Vainio wrote:
> Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

>> There's been proposals around to add an assignment-expression operator
>> like in C, so you could say something like

> It's funny, but I find the first version much more readable than the
> second one. Especially if I consciously forget the "do lots of stuff
> in condition part of while" indoctrination from C.

>> but that's the subject of holy war around here too many times ;-).  Don't
>> hold your breath waiting for it.
>
> Probably true. Instead of ":=", I wouldn't mind getting rid of
> expressions/statements difference as a whole.

Uh-oh.  Don't go there.  If there was no difference, then you would be
able to perform assignment, even define a class, in the condition of a
while.  I don't think you want that based on what you said above.  (I
certainly don't want to have to read code with such complexity!)

-D

--
For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function
over appearance.  For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org