Problems with python23_d.lib built with Visual Studio 7.1

Paton J. Lewis paton_lewis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 20:16:43 EST 2004

I built the Python 2.3.3 sources with Visual Studio 7.1 (the
conversion of the Visual C++ 6 project files appeared to work
without a hitch). Everything seems fine except when I try to link my
project with the debug Python library, in which case I get
unresolved symbols apparently because the Python debug library
symbol names have been modified in an unexpected fashion. For
example, the calling code asks for symbol __imp__Py_InitModule4
(which exists in python23.lib) but python23_d.lib contains
__imp__Py_InitModule4TraceRefs. Has anyone run into this problem
before?

Thanks,
Pat