How to log unittest results?

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Fri Jan 9 07:28:27 EST 2004

On 7 Jan 2004 13:05:59 -0800, ericjnilsen at earthlink.net (EricN) wrote:

>I like to use unittest.  However, when my QA Manager shows up in my
>cube and says "Give me evidence that all your unit tests passed", I
>have nothing to provide.  I'd like to log the unittest results
>(verbose mode) somehow.  I'm open: logger module, stdmsg redirect,
>whatever.

Another way to pacify the QAM would be to show the version control
log.  If you check your stuff in at each stage, and have comments
saying what was fixed (e.g., "passed unittest XYZZY"), that should be
sufficient for QA purposes.  QA confirms that the process is being
followed--not that the code works.

Sorry I can't help, but why would your QAM care about this level of
detail?  Unless your code is looking bad (i.e., high defect density)
later, when it's integrated, your personal development process, i.e.,
using unittest or not, is too low-level of a detail.  MicroQAM.  Does
your QAM also want to see marked up printouts of your code, showing
that you performed a code review?  Design review?  Etc?

    --dang