Bruce Eckel example / CGI server for localhost for Windows XP possible?

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 9 08:21:12 EST 2004

Will Stuyvesant wrote:
> Is there anybody who can provide simple example code like found in
> Fredrik Lundh's Python Standard Library book for setting up a CGI
> server for localhost with Python?

Not sure if this helps, but do you require a CGI style server?
Does it need to be extremely small and simple (though that's relative)?
If not, and servlet-style intelligent web applications also suit
your needs, you might be able to pick one of Python's web frameworks
and just run that on your local machine. Most won't need Apache.

At least, mine doesn't: Snakelets http://snakelets.sourceforge.net

I've heard from one user that he's using Snakelets to run a
web application off a CD-ROM...
(try an older Snakelets version <1.20 for that).

Good luck
--Irmen de Jong.