wxpython and wxlocale

Ya tmartinez at ammsoft.com
Tue Jan 27 05:04:15 EST 2004

This is my code:
The button of "OK" is not translated.
What is wrong ?

#I have a mo file named myapp.mo for translate my own dialogs.
#its containt
#....
#....
#: myapp.py:23
#msgid "Hello World"
#msgstr "Bonjour Monde"
#...
#in this location .\locale\fr\LC_MESSAGES

import gettext
from wxPython.wx import *
import wx
import locale
import sys, os, time

def startapp(self):

    self.loc = wx.Locale()
    self.loc.Init(wx.LANGUAGE_FRENCH)

    gettext.translation("myapp", ".\locale",languages=['fr']).install()

    #display then message "Bonjour Monde", but the OK button not is
translate!!!!!
    dlg = wxMessageDialog(None, _('Hello World'),'', wxOK |
wxICON_INFORMATION)
    try:
        dlg.ShowModal()
    finally: