Why does this fail?

Dave Murray dlmurray at micro-net.com
Mon Jan 5 01:42:42 EST 2004

Thank you for the information. I will check them out after I finish my
effort. My purpose isn't to obtain a spider program, it is to learn Python
by doing. If the exercise will result in something that I can use, it gives
me incentive to not abandon the effort because the exercise is interesting
to me. The sources that you pointed out should be rich in information on how
I could have done it better if I had been more experienced in Python
(knowledgeable about it's libraries, etc.)

Whenever I learn something new I like to work at it, get help if I'm stuck
on something silly (why waste time?), assess what I did against a higher
standard, repeat. It's just the way that I learn. I can see that this forum
will be just what I need for a chunk of that process. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Dave