intellectual property agreements and open source . was - Re: Why does this fail? [2]

Dave Murray dlmurray at micro-net.com
Mon Jan 5 01:54:57 EST 2004

After re-reading this part, I can see that it is an idea that I like. How
does participating in open source work for someone (me) who has signed the
customary intellectual property agreement with the corporation that they
work for? Since programming is part of my job, developing test solutions
implemented on automatic test equipment (the hardware too) I don't know if I
would/could be poison to an open source project. How does that work? I've
never participated. If all the work is done on someone's own time, not using
company resources, yadda-yadda-hadda-hadda, do corporate lawwwyaahhhs have a
history of trying to dispute that and stake a claim? No doubt, many of you
are in the same position.

Regards,
Dave

news:84fc4588.0401042209.60cdb724 at posting.google.com...