os.system always opens new window on Windows XP/2000

Dang Griffith noemail at noemail4u.com
Fri Jan 9 07:03:16 EST 2004

On 6 Jan 2004 10:45:59 -0800, ohgoddearlord at yahoo.com (John) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to run a bunch of commands in the same command
>line window?  When I do this:
>
>system("command1")
>system("command2")
>
>it opens a new window for every system call.  The alternative I can
>think of is to write out the command to a batch file and run that, but
>I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it.

I would recommend reading a little more about the os, shutil, and
system modules and doing it all in Python.  I would especially advise
you to do that if you're seriously considering a batch file instead.
Unless you're going to have people without Python run the same batch
file, you may as well build your script in Python, which is something
it is touted for being good at.
    --dang