Python Text Adventure Authoring System

Zachary Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:44:00 EST 2004

Hello,
I've recently thought of how ideal Python is for the development of what
used to be called text adventures.  In case any of you don't know, these
were basically sort of a computer game in which the player guided the story
by typing in natural language commands, e.g. get ball.
Some popular games of the 1980's include Zork, A Mind Forever Voyaging,
among others.
I was just wondering if anyone has any module that might help in the
implementation of a text parser, something to read player commands.
My idea is to have each room, item, creature, etc.  Be represented as a
Python instance.
For example, the following code might setup a room class:
class room:
    def __init__(self, rdesc, exit):
        self.desc = rdesc
#Add Other code here

If anyone has any idea how this might be done, I would love to hear from
you.
P.S:
I have already seen another text adventure development system written in
Python, called Paws.  I thought this would be a sort of first project.