Python Text Adventure Authoring System

Francis Avila francisgavila at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 21:11:27 EST 2004

Zachary wrote in message ...
>I have already seen another text adventure development system written in
>Python, called Paws.  I thought this would be a sort of first project.

I don't want to stop you, but I warn you that developing a system like this
is far more complex than you think.

Take a look at PAWS, and after that some of the mechanisms in the language
Inform.  Studying another language specifically designed for text-adventure
authoring will give you an idea of the mechanisms involved, particularly in
grammar and parsing, where a lot of things are needed that you might not
otherwise think of.
--
Francis Avila