Pyrex without Python (was Re: calling Pyrex results from C)

Simon Burton simonb at NOTTHISBIT.webone.com.au
Tue Jan 20 20:33:06 EST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:57:49 -0600, Jeff Epler wrote:

> Perhaps I should take the advice given elsewhere to ask on a pyrex mailing
> list, but I thought I'd try here first.
>
> As I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, a current hobby is
> writing code for small embedded processors, where "small" means 1k-4k
> instructions and 128-1k bytes data.  C is a fine language for this as long
> as you don't use FP arithmetic or much of the standard library.
>
> I wish I could write my code in Pyrex, of course keeping to 'int8_t' and
> 'int16_t' as only basic data types, but it inevitably makes Python API
> calls.

Really? Can you post an example of what code you would write?
I also use pyrex/python etc. and write code for Atmel AVRs, and
fail to see how pyrex code (without the python API) would be easier than
just c.

Simon.

--
Simon Burton, B.Sc.