PythonWin problems

r.e.s. r.s at ZZmindspring.com
Thu Jan 1 18:22:45 EST 2004

"Colin J. Williams" <cjw at sympatico.ca> wrote ...
> PythonWin has been my favourite IDE for quite a while.
>
> When one right clicks on a .py file in the Windows Explorer, among the
> options are Open and Edit.  The former is the default and executes
> Python, with the selected script.  The latter activates the PythonWin
> editor, with the selected script.
>
> Since, most frequently, I wish to edit the script, or execute it with
> the debugger, I tried changing the default to Edit, using the Edit File
> Type menu.

FWIW ...

I'm not sure what you mean by "Edit File Type menu".
Using WinXP Pro, in Windows Explorer I went to
Tools/Folder Options/File Types
selected PY, clicked Advanced, and set the default to Edit.
Now double-clicking a .py file brings it up in PythonWin,
and I've experienced neither of the problems that you report below.