Fw: PDF library for reading PDF files

Andreas Lobinger andreas.lobinger at netsurf.de
Mon Jan 19 11:02:03 EST 2004

Aloha,

> Peter Galfi schrieb:
> I am looking for a library in Python that would read PDF files and I
> could extract information from the PDF with it. I have searched with
> google, but only found libraries that can be used to write PDF files.
> Any ideas?

Use file, split, zlib and a broad knowledge of the PDF-spec...

Accessing certain objects in the .pdf is not that complicated if
you f.e. try to read the /Info dictionary. Getting text from
actual page content could be very complicated.

Can you explain your 'information' further?

Wishing a happy day
		LOBI