Dailing modem.

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 10:00:39 EST 2004

>Is the win32ras realy what I want? Basically what I am trying
>to do, is to
>convert my phone/voice-modem/computer into a "computer-phone".
>I need to
>dail a number and disconnect via an interface on the computer
>using python.
>So, I am dailing normal numbers and not RAS servers. Or am I missing
>something?

Ah. Sorry. Misunderstood. No, you're quite right: RAS is not
what you want. (Backs away, humbled and blushing...)

What you probably want is one of the Python-to-serial interfaces
(assuming that your modem is of the conventional variety which
pretends to be a serial port, even if it's not).

Try: http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/

or possibly:
http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html

and then talk "AT" language to it, or whatever dialect it speaks:
http://www.modems.com/general/extendat.html

(2nd time lucky?)
TJG

http://www.star.net.uk