PEP 327: Decimal Data Type

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Fri Jan 30 22:23:13 EST 2004

> If python adds decimal data, it probably ought to be consistent with C
> and C++.  Otherwise, the C and C++ guys will have a dreadful time
> writing emulation code to run on computers built to support python.

Now that's a "Python will take over the world" statement if I ever heard
one.  But seriously, processor manufacturers build processors and
compilers for Fortran, C, and C++.  If a manufacturer starts paying
attention to where Python is going (for things other than scripting
their build-process), I'm sure Guido would like to know.

  - Josiah