I support PEP 326

Jeremy Fincher tweedgeezer at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:18:43 EST 2004

Gary Robinson <grobinson at transpose.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.654.1074788734.12720.python-list at python.org>...
> I've recently had a couple of cases of needing exactly what it proposes, and
> having to kluge around the fact that it's not there. It's a great idea.
>
> If there anywhere else I should be expressing my opinion on this, let me
> know.

I'm also in support of this PEP, and have cases in which I would use
the new singletons.

The biggest reason I believe the PEP should be accepted is that you
simply *can't* "roll your own" in a heterogenous environment.  If I
have my Min/Max objects and you have your Min/Max objects, someone's
objects simply aren't going to work as expected.

I'm in favor of Minimum and Maximum, though, if only for ease in
discussing Python: the capital isn't obvious both verbally or at the
beginning of a properly written sentence.

Jeremy