ProtoCiv: porting Freeciv to Python CANNED

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Sat Jan 17 21:38:43 EST 2004

Corey Murtagh <emonk at slingshot.no.uce> writes:

> Actually I kind of agree here.  I've had plenty of problems with
> Cygwin - although less with MinGW.

It's always performed flawlessly for me. Have you reported the
problems to the Cygwin folks, or tried to fix the issues yourself?

> An OSS project that requires a Linux emulation shim to run on any
> other platform is not, IMHO, cross-platform at all.

Linux != Gnu, though to some that might seem like splitting hairs.

What other free development environments are there for Win32 that
offers power and flexibility comparable to the Cygwin tools? Visual
Studio is not free (quite the opposite!), and for many OSS developers,
that makes it impractical.

Sorry, I realize this is getting pretty off topic, especially for the
Python group, which is where I'm reading it.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')