Distributing Python programs

Premshree Pillai premshree_python at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jan 28 12:13:53 EST 2004

> Can I install Python on a networked server and have
> any user run Python
> programs without having to go through the 9Mb client
> install?
Yes. The users will only have to login remotely to the
server, and can run Python.

> What are my options for distributing Python programs
> to my users?
If you are creating standalone apps, you could
consider distributing them as the py objects or
executables (for Windows). See py2exe:
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Hope this helps.

-Premshree

 --- NEWS <gsmith at oxfam.org.uk> wrote: > Can I install
Python on a networked server and have
> any user run Python
> programs without having to go through the 9Mb client
> install?
>
> What are my options for distributing Python programs
> to my users?
>
> Thankyou to anyone who can help.
>
> Graham
>

> --