python-dev Summary for 2004-01-01 through 2004-01-31

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Feb 25 21:36:07 EST 2004

In article <8ab0589d.0402251718.5b728a3 at posting.google.com>,
Brett C. <brett at python.org> wrote:
>Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote in message news:<m3ishwhdb3.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk>...
>>
>> Um, the article as posted to clpy is hasn't been through docutils
>> yet... if the mere fact of formatting it as reST caused encoding
>> problems, that would indeed be a mysterious and deep effect.
>>
>> Brett's mail contains a header:

>> 	war.OCF.Berkeley.EDU id i1O1oOqk029956
>>
>> I'd be inclined to blame that.
>
>So would I.  =)  Damn it, that is upsetting.  I save the text in UTF-8
>and reST handles it fine (as Michael points out below, it shows up
>find in the HTML version).  Aahz has suggested using another SMTP
>server for sending out the Summary, but that is a pain in the rear.

<raised eyebrow>  How's it a pain?  Just write a Python script that does
an scp of the file to creosote, then rsh/ssh to run another Python script
on creosote that does the mailing.  <evil grin>

"Do not taunt happy fun for loops. Do not change lists you are looping over."
--Remco Gerlich, comp.lang.python