beeline through tkinter

Lonnie Princehouse fnord at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 13 23:03:51 EST 2004

Yes, Python is probably too slow for a competitive chess engine.
Pychess works, but it's about two orders of magnitude slower than it
would be in C.  I haven't tried it with Psyco; that might help
considerably.

That said, it's a breeze to write C extensions for Python.  It makes a
lot of sense to write the GUI in Python and have the crunchy bits in
C.

(It took me a few hours to write the chess board GUI posted in this
thread, and it would have taken a lot longer in C, not to mention the
portability advantage of an interpreted language)