beeline through tkinter

RPM1 rpm1deleteme at direcway.com
Fri Feb 13 18:01:50 EST 2004

"Elaine Jackson" <elainejackson7355 at home.com> wrote ...
> So far I've got a script that translates a pgn file into text that can be
> typeset in a chess font to produce a pictorial representation of the game
in
> question. With a graphical interface it will eventually evolve into a pgn
> viewer/analyzer.

Cool.  Over the years I've tinkered with very basic chess programs
written in various programming languages.  I found python to be too
slow, (although I wonder if Numeric or Psyco might make it feasible).

There is a chess program written in python:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/jyrki.alakuijala/pychess.html

but it is very slow and pretty weak.

Good luck with the viewer,
Patrick