Python license - again

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Wed Feb 18 15:29:56 EST 2004

Sorry guys.

After a second look I realized that I missed a relevant footnote:

(1) GPL-compatible doesn't mean that we're distributing Python under
    the GPL.  All Python licenses, unlike the GPL, let you distribute
    a modified version without making your changes open source.  The
    GPL-compatible licenses make it possible to combine Python with
    other software that is released under the GPL; the others don't.

So this means that Python is a BSD-style license, correct?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely